Logo

30 power loss in right corner only

river_runner

My 07' 3.0L is loosing all

My 07' 3.0L is loosing all power when cornered to the right. It does not do it to the left. It is not a prop cavitation problem. The RPM's drop and engine cuts almost all power. I think it is a float issue. Is this a normal issue with this engine or should I try adjusting the carb float?
Any ideas?

"Steve
I would check the fuel

"Steve
I would check the fuel line, and electrical lines to see if anything is being pinched or pulled on. It is possible that the float is being effected but mores the chance that it is something like the above."

Capt. has a good point. Make

Capt. has a good point. Make sure the main engine cable is pushed in all the way and secured with a clamp. Check that the coil tower wire is tight. Pull the top off of the carb. and check the float level settings and look in the bottom of the bowl to see if there is a check ball or debris rolling around.

How much fuel is in the tank? Pickup tube may not be deep enough.

"This is a new long block. I h

"This is a new long block. I had other engine problems. They just replaced the engine as a longblock. It did this before the engine was replaced and it still does it. I cant see the wiring plugs and everything else not being checked with swaping the engine. It still has some power if you stomp it when power is lost. I think everything points to a float problem.

I did see a old service bullitan that makes me think its a normal issue with all newer carbs that all have the spring loaded needle and seat

http://www.marineengine.com/discus/messages/12486/97_08-84745.pdf"

"Steve:

I read the bulletin

"Steve:

I read the bulletin and it states that the lean condition occurs on hard right turns for carbs. w/a spring loaded needle and seat. Although the spring loaded N&S is preferred, have the other needle and seat installed; it may cure it."

All new carbs come equiped wit

All new carbs come equiped with the spring loaded needle & seat from what Merc told me on the phone. The other needle would probably cause other flooding problems. Its a draw I guess. It depends on what condition you want to deal with.

Back