Logo

Alternatorstator puller

atilla_boy

Regular Contributor
"where can i get the puller to

"where can i get the puller to remove the harmonic balancer/alternator thing on the front of my 3.7L mercruiser. i need to change the circulation pump gasket due to a leak and don't want to break that thing on the front...sorry not sure what to call it
question.gif
"

"Holy Cow!
Part # J-6978-04

"Holy Cow!
Part # J-6978-04
I'm sure a harmonic balancer puller would do the trick. Did you check with Breezeworks like I suggested. From the picture you posted, you don't have enough clearance for the puller!! Either cut your boat or lift your engine! Since this is a weird engine, there are certain issues to pay attention too when changing the seals. You also have too address the grooves that were cut into the camshaft by the old seals! Given these issues and the fact that you can't figure out what puller to use, I feel you should call in the Professionals. Sorry dude, my 2 cents
Chris"

Any auto parts store will have

Any auto parts store will have one. I have the same motor. I had just enough clearance to pull it. Also check out your stator when you have it apart. I converted mine over to the external alternator set-up. Ebasicpower.com sells the kit.

Back