Logo

Engine circulating pump 18037L leak

atilla_boy

Regular Contributor
"i have a leak that only occur

"i have a leak that only occures when the engine is running. its green water, which i assume is coolant from right here. do i have to remove the engine mount to get to this due to having to remove alternator rotor and stator or can i do it while its still attached. also what kind of puller do i need for the rotor????

146747.jpg
"

"Did you feel the underside of

"Did you feel the underside of the hoses to see if they are wet; there maybe one coming apart internally and seeping under pressure. Squeeze/feel the length of each hose for a soft spot or look for a bulge when it's running and check the clamps. Otherwise the pump is behind the pulley and probably needs a seal kit. See your manual.

When your alternator stator or regulator goes out, switch to a standard alternator for about $120. Several threads discuss it thoroughly."

"Guy is correct but after chec

"Guy is correct but after checking for bad connections, check the engine water pump. If it leaks, it will be typically from a weep hole on the under side of the casting under the area where the pulley shaft lives. Things are jammed in there so tight, the leak could be from anywhere.
Your marine alternator is very expensive to replace but can be rebuilt for less than $100 or $50 average. Replacing it with a automotive version can cause a engine/bilge explosion. If caught by US law inforcement, the fine is up to $300 plus cost of repairs/replacement after the boat is impounded."

"More than likely the seals ar

"More than likely the seals are leaking by the cam mounted water pump. Common problem with these engines. There are two seals separated by a weep hole. The first seals gives out and lets coolant pass and down the hole to your bilge. Kind of a warning! If it gets past the second seal, its in the engine! You may need to remove your engine due to space restrictions for the puller. Please do not use a hammer, you will destroy the magnets. Plenty written on this procedure at breezeworks. Nice clean 470! Despite what others say, I'm a fan of this engine. Good luck.
http://www.breezeworks.net"

"Since this board is a "ma

"Since this board is a "marine" discussion one, I assumed that "standard" includes marine w/alternator."

my stator and alternator are f

my stator and alternator are fine i am worried about the water circulation pump just need a puller and don't know where to get one for the alternator/ stator. i will be reusing the one thats on there.

Back