Logo

Honda 75 four stroke 2001

houston007

"Hi all,
new to the forum and

"Hi all,
new to the forum and I have read through some that seem similar but I wanted to throw this out there.
It seems to have hit last year at the beginning of the season. Starts up like a champ even after sitting all winter. idles fine but if you throttle up quick (in N or gear or if you go from in gear to REV)it will sputter spit bogg and die unless you bring it back down to and idle quick. If I play with the choke when I here it bogging I can usually save it. Another EXP. start out in the morning everything seems good up the river at about 2-3000 rpm and then sputter spit bogg out of nowhere. I have replaced plugs, fuel filters and water seperator filter.
Thanks for your time.

Scott"

Fuel today will clog up jets&#

Fuel today will clog up jets( slowly over time ) if fuel is left sitting in carburetors. So run the thing empty before taking it out of the water.That is a NUMBER ONE maintenance tip for outboards that are not run everyday as in the family grocery getter.

JIT - any very rough guestimat

JIT - any very rough guestimate as to what the cost would be for rebuilding carbs on a Honda 90 or 75 and synching cost ..... I think there are four carbs...

I sinned and have left fuel in my year 2000 Honda 90 motor - more than once

"Thanks for reply, I hope that

"Thanks for reply, I hope thats it. Can a novice do this with a manual or should I bring it somewhere? any Idea on cost to have this done

Thanks"

"David Nolan
i would charge

"David Nolan
i would charge 5 hrs of work
4 hrs carbs, 1 hr test run and sync
but that is me somebody might be cheaper, others like 1-2hrs more

scott
u need the sync gauges also, any motor cycle ones would work"

Back