Logo

35 Nissan

saved

Contributing Member
On a 2008 3.5 Nissan at what t

On a 2008 3.5 Nissan at what temp should the thermostat open and where exactly is it located?

Thank you for the information.

Thank you for the information. This is a new motor and the dealer here has been closed for over a month now and I am not sure where I can take this thing to have it checked out. I think that the next closet dealer is over a 100 mile round trip and it has been my experience that uless you buy from them they do not like to look into problems. So I thought I might be able to check it out if it does not violate the warranty.

"Your engine came up in a disc

"Your engine came up in a discussion today. It seems there was a bad lot of ignitors that came in last year, so it is very possible that the one you got could be defective. Have the dealer change it out with a new one and you should be worry free from now on."

"Here we go again. The dealer

"Here we go again. The dealer replaced the igniter again and I got it back Friday. I took it out today (saturday) and it failed again after about 20 minutes of run time. So here is my question. Is there a number to call and complain about this? Also an email addy would be good. I really want another engine or something. To replace this again will mean that this engine which is only about 6 months old has had 4 igniters on it. I really am not interested in any more of their excuses. They should have pulled all the bad ones and done a recall on the engines to get the defective parts replaced, but instead they let them go out and put their customers in harms way. They really need to make this right! I would much appreciate it if you could point me too someone to talk to about this who will take care of it correctly."

I think the problem is that it

I think the problem is that it's not the ignitor. It is not possible for you to have gotten a bad one this time. Since the symptom is the same it is very possible that the other two were not bad either. Contact Tohatsu at 972-323-6003 and ask them where to take to as your current dealer is just swapping parts and is not troubleshooting the engine.

Back