Logo

Kink in water inlet in foot

atilla_boy

Regular Contributor
"its barely kinked,just enough

"its barely kinked,just enough to notice,and there is plenty of water flow on hose pressure and in my bucket big enough for foot to fit in... so i don't think flow is restricted too much. the reason i ask is cause i just relpaced exhaust bellow and didn't notice it then but now i did and it looks like a orangish garden hose, is that a replacement option or did someone use a thick garden hose???.... please tell me i don't have to pull the foot again
sad.gif

i'll try to get a pic so you can see better"

"it should be a molded black h

"it should be a molded black hose
sad.gif

it may work!

"its barely kinked...plenty of water flow on hose pressure"

How much water does the impeller pump w/o a hose?"

"John, as the learned Guy has

"John, as the learned Guy has asked how much water is it pumping without your hose forcing water into it.
You need to determine just what the hose is made of and what it is rated to cope with.
you dont want to hear this but when in doubt, do it right.
Cheers
Peter C"

"John...

At the risk of sou

"John...

At the risk of sounding a little Mickey Mouse... If you think that the hose is in good enough shape to last awhile before it has to be changed due to degredation, how about putting a worm gear clamp over the kinked/flattened area and forcing the hose into a round shape again. It used to work on car heater hoses before they came out with all the new style molded hoses.

Wrench"

"Ayuh,......

That might be

"Ayuh,......

That might be feasible Wrench,....
But,....
I'll add the Caution,....
Things are Extremely Tight in that area,....
If you should try Wrench's trick,....
Make damn sure that it isn't touching the Bellows, at any point in it's turning or raising/ lowering of the drive......

Because it'll take No Time to rub a Hole in the Bellows......."

i was looking onlibe today and

i was looking onlibe today and found that there is a company that makes this hose as a kit. it comes with a few other hoses as well and they are all that color. so i guess its ok and there is just as much water flow on or off the "hose pressure". no way would i try the worm gear clamp cause as guy said there is NO ROOM in there for anything extra at all.

Back