Logo

Sevice kit transon

milford65

"I,m a little confused there a

"I,m a little confused there are 2 service kits for my 1990 5.0LX V8 Alpha one. My serial #s are:engine OD377815,transon OD347647,and drive OD353629. One kit is for a straight exhaust bellow with a exhaust tube in it. The other kit is for a exhaust bellow with exhaust bellow in it. Witch one do i need? Also when ordering parts I,m running into "Alpha One outdrives serial number# and up" 6225577. All my numbers have 5#s not 6#s Whats the deal with that? thx Bill"

"Ayuh,.....

The only differ

"Ayuh,.....

The only difference is whether you care for the Bellows for the exhaust or the Tube....

The Tube is an Easier way,+ a Good Up-grade......"

"Thanks, Bondo
So either kits

"Thanks, Bondo
So either kits will work.
It won't matter when I take OD off if I see a bellow I can run the tube and disregard the bellow. Note this will be my time I have removed a OD & serviced it. I never believed in a stupid Question just stupid people lol.
I.m ordering the tube kit today.
Thx. Bill
Whats up with the serial #s though?"

"[b]"Whats up with the ser

""Whats up with the serial #s though?"

I believe that's when Merc switched to the tube.....

Btw,.....
A 1st timer changing an Exhaust Bellows is Not where you Ever want to Be.........."

"You almost scared me Bondo

"You almost scared me Bondo

I've been turning wrenches 22 years plus.

The service manuals I have are detailed and well written. I really don.t see any problems in the disassemble & reassemble.

The problems I encountered is ordering the right parts,but that will come with experience."

"Ahh Bill, spoken like a true

"Ahh Bill, spoken like a true engineer.

""I've been turning wrenches 22 years plus""

And

""The service manuals I have are detailed and well written. I really don.t see any problems in the disassemble & reassemble""

prepare to skin thy knuckles and learn all new sorts of swear words.
lol.gif

Cheers
Peter C"

"Ayuh,.......

The Problem w

"Ayuh,.......

The Problem would be reinstalling the Exhaust Bellows,...
Without the Bellows Expander/Puller Tool,....
You probably couldn't get the aft end on....

Going with the Tube takes care of that problem,....
But,....
Peter is Right,.....
Make sure you have your 1st-aid kit handy,.....
If you pull this off, Without a skun knuckle or 2,.....
You'll be 1 of Few....."

"LOL
Swear words & skin

"LOL
Swear words & skin knuckles are par for the course.

If push comes to shove I do have a couple of friends that love to bail me out,but I will have hear about for a while. and the more we drink the more they rub it in.

thx guys
BIll"

i just replaced the exhaust be

i just replaced the exhaust bellow on my alpha one with the clymer manual and it took longer to read how to do it than it did to preform the work. i used some duck bill plyers that were bent on a 90 degree angle and my fingers to install the rear of the bellow with no problem at all.

I have also just put a new exh

I have also just put a new exhaust bellows on one of my Alfa 1 gen II's. Didn't read the manual and tried to connect to the transom first then the outdrive. Two attempts at tightening the wormscrew on the outdrive before I realised it was impossible. Once I reversed the order it went pretty easily but did require a bit of juggling to get the belows over the transom adaptor. Worst part was my trim hydraulic hose brading is frayed so covered them with protection and kept all the skin on my knuckles.

Good luck

Back