Logo

Kohler Gen Sound Shield

richie

Regular Contributor
"Kohler 7.3 ECD gen.

Need t

"Kohler 7.3 ECD gen.

Need to add a little oil to my Kohler. The fill cap is on top just under the sound shield, not enough clearance to get it in and add oil. Is there a trick/secret to removing the top of the sound shield. Do I need to unscrew anywhere. Any help appreciated.

richie"

"Go to your favorite auto supp

"Go to your favorite auto supply store and get a hand pump and hose that fits on a one quart bottle. Then just pump it in. This is a common problem with a lot of gen sets.

I've also seen times where a hose and funnel will work if the gen set is close enough to an openable floor hatch to pour in the top oil filler hole. If the dipstick tube is handy enough you can use it to get oil in also. A smaller funnel or funnel and hose, that fits the dipstick tube opening can be used for small amounts of oil."

"Rich,

Remove the 5/16"

"Rich,

Remove the 5/16" head screws from the top of the sound shield, then remove those on the left side at the base. This should allow the top and side to slide as one assembly to the left and out of the way. Sounds like you have a Silverton 36C."

"No, but I work on them every

"No, but I work on them every day. I may have worked on yours before it left Millville."

Back