Logo

1947 martin

"Mike, Martin's were built

"Mike, Martin's were built between 1946-54 by the National Pressure Cooker Company located in Wisconsin.

The inventer licenced that company to build them, then went on to become a designer at Scott-Atwater. In 1954 production ceased (due to bankruptcy) never to be resurected or bought out.

While the motors probably used some common carb and ignition parts from producers during that era, the Martin really was it's own design and innovative for it time. I would suspect that most parts for it could only be obtained by scavenging from other motors."

"I found out that a co. in neb

"I found out that a co. in nebraska called lauson marine has all the parts to completley restore these old motors. these motors are sort of rare, and are supposed to be pretty good. I bought it just for kicks, I know its not worth very much. the motor runs. according to the owners man it uses grease in the lower gearcase, but it doesn"t say what kind.will 105 gear grease be ok?"

"Yes , all the parts are avail

"Yes , all the parts are available.Not a problem at all.Fine and excellent trolling motors.A true example of " they do not build them like this anymore ". I have about 6 of them myself."

"this motor came with J8C plug

"this motor came with J8C plugs, are they the right ones? the book doesn"t say, is this supposed to have grease in the gear box or gear lube? any info? thanks."

"I have found out that this is

"I have found out that this is a 1950, I painted it and put on new decals, does anyone know what grease goes in the lower end?"

Back