Logo

Johnson Raw Water Pump for Lehman Gear Driven

eteco8

"Im looking for a Johnson raw

"Im looking for a Johnson raw water pump for my grandfathers Grand Banks. i dont know much about his motor so i am looking for the best possible advice as to where i can find this pump. he says his existing pump is gear driven. i dont care where the company is located. thank you, cheers!"

"I'm guessing you know it&

"I'm guessing you know it's a Lehman since you posted in that section. Probably a 6 cylinder 120 horse.

Bob will talk you through figuring out what you need. The original style pump bearings are apparently no longer available. This means you need a whole new pump unit when they go bad. They were a custom item when the Lehmans were "marinized" from tractor and heavy truck engines. Rubber impellers are still available as are cover plates for the back of the pump.

The replacement pump will probably require a couple of new hoses also. Bob can supply those with the new pump.

Bob Smith.
American Diesel Corp
PO Box 1838 (Rt. #3 North)
Kilmarnock, Va. 22482
Phone: 804.435.3107 Fax: 804.435.6420

Ken Buck
No connection with American Diesel"

"The original style bearing fo

"The original style bearing for the D365 pump drive is still available - part #2G13 and the coupler part #1B60. Only the gear is not available, everything else is and in stock - see Harbor Marine in Wa. 1-800-392-5774. Typically the later version Johnson pump and Jabsco pump were used on lehman SP series #2C48 and #2C49 - parts for these are readily available from many places. American Diesel has this newer style pump assembly available for the older Dorsets."

Back