Logo

70 hp Nissan tldi 2004 idle stall problem

S

Sean Ricketts

"Engine was contaminated with

"Engine was contaminated with bad gas. I have cleaned out the fuel line and filter, replaced fuel tank and hose. Engine will start in idle, run for about 10 seconds then the rpms will rev for a few seconds and engine will quit. Spark pugs are wet and greasy and engine puts out a lot of smoke before it quits. I have also reset the throttle control Any help would be greatly appreciated"

"Thanks for the input. My pro

"Thanks for the input. My problem is that I use this engine on a 30 ft. piling barge that I cannot take out to get to a shop. It seems the dealer is unwilling to help me unless I bring it to his shop. There are no mechanics in my area that work on nissan engines that do mobile repairs. Everyone works on yamahas, johnsons and the like. Is there anyway I can do the work on the injector and if so how and what needs to be done. Again I greatly appreciate your help. My livelyhood depends on this engine."

1) Service manual

2&#41

1) Service manual

2) Enough aptitude to use it correctly

3) Take the engine off the boat and into the dealer anyway

i know that steve van dyke are

i know that steve van dyke are nissan rep was saying how most dealer dont want to mess with motors bought off the internet thanks internet outboards and porta boat for driving the dealer network to crap we all love you no dealer can compare with your super low prices with out losing nissan should ban internet sales but like steve was saying he thinks internet outboard is ran by nissan to increase sales

yeah right it not a joke your

yeah right it not a joke your no sale tax and free shipping have really hurt are business and for what we have punched the numbers using are price sheets your only making like 50 dollars an engine no dealer can compete with you and when your products fail who does the customer go to the dealers and what do they get in return for there service a parts credit we have so many parts credits i could buy a 30hp nissan off your site but cant pay the bills like steve van dyke said the dealer is basic just a service facility nothing more so went your counting your 50 dollars profits on your motors and the real dealers are counting there parts credits just think how luck you are

This one was even more ridicul

This one was even more ridiculous and is far more humorous than your last one. You left out the part where I was responsible for 9-11 and the Kennedy assassination.

your right i did leave out som

your right i did leave out something operations like yours are responsilbe for the assassination of the dealer network if this is all bullshit how much do you make per engine? all i know is that when we have customers that want to buy a new nissan they ask for a price qoute my dad sells 4 percent above cost but then you have to add sales tax and then shipping to us and then what does the customer say oh its cheaper on internet outboards see ya im sure a lot of dealers experience the same thing and if they had to voice there opinion they would be the same and if the other dealers had say over what nissan does you would be history i remember back before internet outboards we would sell 20-30 unit per year some time 40 unit but know the last unit we sold was a 30hp dfi 4 stroke 2 years ago or so. so you cant say that this is all a joke and if you need more proof i can give you are min price on an 8hp short shaft pull start and you can compare it yours

"If you want to know why your

"If you want to know why your father's business is not competitive you should look in a mirror. Your profound lack of understanding as to why you can't sell outboards speaks volumes.

Let's start with pricing:

Open up your dealer program and read it. If you are willing to buy xx engines per year you would see that you would get an extra x% over your 4%. That puts you into double digits on your profit margin.

Freight:

We pay freight on every engine we ship. If you ever ordered any engines you would know that if you stocked them and bought them in groups of four, you wouldn't be paying any freight to service your local customers. That means you have a real advantage over us.

Sales tax:

We do not collect sales tax on engines we ship outside of Florida. We have a real advantage over you.

Freight = Sales tax

They cancel each other out. Stop crying about the big, bad, Internet and sell your dealership on it's strength...If it has any. Keep the following two old posts from years ago in mind.

"I am going to hate myself tomorrow for equating this, but.....When you buy a lawnmower at Home Depot, take it home, add oil and cut the grass, is it really anymore complicated that adding a quart of oil to an outboard? The answer is no. Some people can't take a cutting blade off of a lawnmower to sharpen it, those are the same people that bring in a 4 hp outboard to a service station to have the spark plug changed. That's the exception, not the rule. For every 50 outboards we sell and ship to a consumer in Smalltown, USA we might receive a single phone call asking a question about how to operate the engine or if something special needs to be done to use it. Out of the last 675 we sold and delivered via boxed delivery there have been 8 warranty claims filed....5 of those were for concealed freight damage that Tohatsu took responsibility for. There is just no reason to pay a local dealer to add a quart of oil and tell you not to run the engine out of the water. As to the rare occasion when there really is a problem....some dealers really show their character flaws, some go out of their way to help that LOCAL CUSTOMER THAT THEY LOST TO BEGIN WITH. When we have a local customer who has made a purchase from someone else come in for service we look at it as a second chance to earn their business. We do not punish them for bringing business to us. If they want a PDI done on that 5 hp that they bought from someone else....great. That's $25.00 to $50.00 in our pocket for 30 minutes of our time. Do we treat them the same as someone who just bought an engine from us? We better, if we want to gain their future business. Most of the time these people send their friends in to us. Why? Because we didn't treat them like redheaded stepchildren. All dealers need to take a close look as to why they have lost a sale. Was it because the consumer didn't even know they sold that brand? Was it because they didn't have that model available? Was it because they were unwilling to order it? Was it because they had it priced too high? Was it because they have a reputation for being cranky? Was it because of the final cost being to high because of sales tax? Was it because you slept with the guy's wife back in high school and he found out just as he was ready to order it from you? If you buy a new Ford across town from a dealer and three months later you take it to the dealer that is only a 1/4 mile from you because some silly xss sensor has failed, do you think she is going tell her service department to put you dead last? Of course not. It's not personal. Marine dealers should not make it and take it personal either. Having said all that...it does hurt a little when Bubba shows up with a new one in a box and you didn't sell it. But you really do have to rise above it, smile and EARN his business and goodwill for the future."

"Tohatsu, unlike every other manufacturer, only has a x% price difference between what a dealer who buys 3 engines pays and what a dealer who buys the max engines pays. Any Tohatsu dealer can compete on price with what Boaters World or what we sell them for. The problem is that some dealers just don't get it that their local customer choose NOT to buy from them for a reason. THEY lost the customer. Whoever else gets that customer does so because they did something better or at least didn't screw up somehow. PDI's are another issue. If the engine manufacturer builds such a piece of crap that there is a good chance that it will have a problem out of the box...guess what...It will always have problems because the design and manufacturing quality are poor. PDI's are a recent invention and were not required until manufacturers became concerned about dealers selling them wholesale to non franchised dealers and selling them to consumers outside of their local market. Do PDI's need to be done by a dealer on a 5 hp? Of course not. Does a PDI need to be done on a 150 hp? Maybe, but I still think that anyone who wants to by a 150 hp in the box and take responsibility for correctly installing himself should be allowed to. Under the present manufacturer rules a tech with 20 years on Yamaha's is deemed to be too stupid by Honda to rig a 25 hp Honda remote engine or do a PDI on a 2 hp. In comparison to larger engines the 25 hp's and below are not big money makers for a service shop. But, what's the alternative? Refuse to work on engines unless you take home a minimum amount of money? An independent tech can...and probably should blow off small engine repair. But a dealer does not have that option and should not have that option. There are a lot of exceptions to that, like older junk engines, money pit engines and salty’s that are mostly corrosion. But remember what this topic started off about. The closest dealer was 68 miles away, lied about it being required to have a PDI and wanted $160.00 to add a quart of oil and drop the engine in the tank and test run it for 5 minutes. That's a crime even if it is not punishable under the law.""

yeah but i know we have to ord

yeah but i know we have to order tons of engines to get the discount rate and personally i dont my paint booth full of 2 3.5 4 5 6 8 9.8 15 25 it would take forever to sell them it would be like the time were selling 6hp longshaft by the dozen i think it was 2002 so insteed of order 1 at a time we ordered 6 and them just as fast as it started they were done still have 4 of them in stock but i getting ok with the internet revolution you know wwe have been a dealer since 1996 and we provide the best service when we sold motor we greased head bolts and lower unit bolts did the normal pdi and gave the costomer a free ten hour and free winterization so i doubt its cause we are bad i think it more the costomer i think its easeir to point and click and save alittle bit of cash cause i we ordered engines upon request we would lose alot of money trying to compete and the sales taxes so like van dyke was saying " very few dealers are willing to mess with internet stuff" and we said "we will what the hell" and hes like thats the sprit and raised are hourly rate to 75 an hour" i just want to shake hands and make up like the wise man said if you cant beat join them and im glad we work on everything i specalize in the old mercs it is kinda of annoying how we have 3000 dollars or so of warranty parts credits and nothing to spend it on i will admit to was kinda stupid to take my opinions out aon you when its more the internet revolution everybody points and clicks now a days thats not your fault hell if i had a chioce of gettting up goig to my local dealer if there was one and getting thorugh them and getting out of bed going online and point and and click and a week later have a shiny nissan on my doorstep i think id go with the interet but the good thing is with the parts credits i orderedall the parts that were different on the 8hp 2 stroke and the 9.8hp and compared them side by side and im sorry the head look the same and so did all the other parts so i wonder whats gives the only real difference i found is the jets in the carb

Back