Logo

Aissistance for HallScott restoration

chris

Regular Contributor
" I am in need of assistance i

" I am in need of assistance in the restoration of a Hall-Scott marine engine. Probably left down-under by US Navy after WW2. Do not have a worshop manual. This will be a long term project and some online assistance would be much appreciated.
The motor is a V12, 5 1/4" bore, 7" stroke. Probably out of a PT or crash rescue boat?

Regards,
Chris "

" Chris,
You probably have a

" Chris,
You probably have a DEFENDER. This site sells manuals on them. I bought three this spring. Have not found any parts but find whole engines still crated. They weigh about 4500# raw and produce 6-700 horsepower. If you find an intake manifold I need one. JIM
www.finewoodboats.com "

" Hi James,
Thanks for the re

" Hi James,
Thanks for the reply. I have 4 Defender motors complete. I have been asked to restore 1 to working condition. do you know of anyone who could assist with online help in the project? Could probably spare an intake manifold but will need to inspect and remove first.

Regards, Chris "

" Chris,
Should be simple en

" Chris,
Should be simple enough. They were "pickled" by the military before being crated. Are yours still in the crates? Remove the crates and drain the oil. Pull the rocker covers and look for the cleanest one to start with. Then try to rotate the crankshaft with a prybar. Mine were rebuilt in City Island, NY in 1957. One fired up with some ignition work. "

Back