Logo

1980 volvo AQ 145 with twin Solex Carbs cold start problem

S

shahbaz

Hi
My AQ 145 Volvo engine wi

Hi
My AQ 145 Volvo engine will not start after being idle in cold weather. The boat had a full tune up 2 months ago and this behaviour is a persistent problem - does anyone have any idea why this cold start problem happens? is it the Solex carb fuel system? or some other known behaviour on this model of engine and carbs

Thanks in advance

found i had the same problem a

found i had the same problem after standing for a while but if i pumped the hell out of mt throttle i could get it started.i think it the fuel pump because if i take the air cleaner of a throw some fuel down one of the carbys it start straight away.(be carefull not to put to much fuel because these motors are easy to flood)i think if i change my fuel pump the problem will go away but do not want to buy volvo one (to expensive)i am trying to find someone to knows what car engine is the same as the marine engine.do you know by chance?

"This is a common problem. The

"This is a common problem. There are no chokes in those carbs, so pumping the throttle squirts extra gas in and helps it start. They are very cold blooded until warm.
It should re-start fine when warm, if not then you have another problem!
Tim"

Back