Logo

75hp year amp fuel consumption query

aussteve

"I have just bought a 16'f

"I have just bought a 16'fibreglass half cabin boat with a 75h.p. chrysler outbaord. Motor serial # is 757HB16811, can someone please advise year of this motor? On the only outing to date it used about 4 1/4 U.S. galls. in about 1 1/4 hrs. on a river. Most of the time was trolling with maybe 15 mins. going fairly hard. This seems a lot of fuel for what it was doing, anyone's comments on this would be greatly appreciated. regards, Steve & Happy New Year from Oz."

"Thanks Mark, I am running 50:

"Thanks Mark, I am running 50:1 but was not aware of the need for lead replacement additive, how much difference does this make & how do I buy it? I am in Australia so it maybe a different brand here."

No need for lead additive in a

No need for lead additive in a two stroke. Lead was a lube for the valves and valve seats in four stroke motors.

Thanks everyone for your input

Thanks everyone for your input here. I have had the motor checked this morning & been told it is probably the best of it's type the mechanic has seen & yes they are a bit thirsty. Fuel & it's cost wasn't really a concern when this motor was manufactured in '76. It is nice to know I am starting with a sound motor.

I also from the land down unde

I also from the land down under i found by useing the supper unleaded my motor picked up in speed sounded crisper and runs a lot smother.i tested it out with 1 tank of unleaded and on supper unleaded .the diferace was chalk and cheese.

Back