Logo

Smart Craft Monitor Version 30

federicob

"Dear all
I had the SC 1000 S

"Dear all
I had the SC 1000 SMart Craft Monitor, soft version 3.0 installed on my repowered boat (with a new Mercruisier 4.3 MPI).

These kind of instruments are not common here in Argentina so there's little or no technical experience.

The problem is that when turning on the contact key the first screen shows the word "DTS" and a bell and the profile of the engine appears on the left side. This screen stays while running and only goes away by scrolling through the other functions.
According to the manual this message means the oil pump is not working or there's any other major problem and it should be checked with the DDT device (a special diagnosis computer).
The technical people of Merc here in Buenos Aires applied the DDT but couln't find the source of the problem.
The other readings: Fuel Consumtion (rate and total), hours, oil pressure, engine temperature, battery voltage, work OK.
However while reading any of the functions after a short while jumps back to the "DTS" and alarm screem.

Can anybody help"

"The problem was solved by rep

"The problem was solved by replacing the instrument.
Apparently the gage sold to me by the same dealer where I purchased the Mercruiser package, was incompatible with the engine series."

Back