Logo

90 YAMAHA CUTTING OUT ABOVE 4OO0RPM

S

S.B AUS

I HAVE A 2004 90 HORSEPOWER 2

I HAVE A 2004 90 HORSEPOWER 2 STROKE YAMAHA OUT BOARD WHEN EXCELLRATING ABOVE 4000 RPM THE ENGINE MISS FIRES AND POWER IS LOST WHEN YOU RETURN THE CONTROLL TO NETURAL THE ENGINE STOPS AND WILL NOT RESTART UNTILL THE YELLOW CDI BYPASS WIRE IS DISCONNECTED ENGINE THAN RUNS IN LIMP MODE HAVE CHANGED THE CDI THE WIRING HARNESS AND CHECKED ALL SENSORS-TEMP TRYED A NEW SET OF GAUGES STILL NO GOOD.
ANY IDEAS

"S.B.

You might have a faul

"S.B.

You might have a faulty throttle position sensor, or the voltage to the sensor might be cutting out due to a problem with the control unit.

What is the exact model number?

Tony"

CHECK ENGINE COMPRESSION AND S

CHECK ENGINE COMPRESSION AND SPARK FIRST LOOK AT THE PLUGS SEE IF ALL 3 ARE BURNING THE SAME LOOK FOR WATER ON LOWER PLUGS I HAVE SEEN Factory fold edge over on exaust cover gasket filling cyl w /water on that exact model just a thought. you may also have water in fuel system is this a tiller or remote (steering wheel)? double check all grounds when engine dies and will not start does it have spark on all nkgb8hs-10 idle timming -8 wot timming +22 carb idle jets 1 1/4 turns out

Back