Logo

Condensation in Distributor Cap

machineryman

"I have a 1968 33 ft OWENS Exp

"I have a 1968 33 ft OWENS Express Cruiser with twin 225 hp Flagship engines (Chevy 327) in it. I am having a bad problem with condensation forming in the distributor caps, preventing starting of the engine. Does anyone know of a spray to prevent this from happening, or any other solution?

Bob"

"There's supposed to be a

"There's supposed to be a vent in hte distributor that prevents that happening--it allows the internal volumn to 'breath'. The vent may be plugged up. Any good moisture repelling spray for electronics will dry out the cap, but you need to stop it happening in the first place.

Jeff"

Is the vent in the metal base

Is the vent in the metal base and not the plastic cap? Not familiar with electronic sprays. Do you know the name of some? Would radio Shack be a good source?

Bob

"Auto part stores have spray o

"Auto part stores have spray on remedies. You might want to check above engine. Leaks in hatches, points where condensation accumulates and drips ect., directly over the engine can be problems. As previously pointed out it's best to get to the source of the problem and eliminate it permanently if possible."

"Usually the vent is in the ba

"Usually the vent is in the base of the distributor.

Radio Shack should carry moisture eliminator spray cans, along with a GOOD auto parts store.

Jeff"

in the winter i just let my op

in the winter i just let my opel manta tick over for 20 minutes but now it is getting much harder to start.could this be a little condensation in the distributer cap

Back