Logo

Thoughts and suggestion on Marine Super Store

"I'am looking for expressi

"I'am looking for expressions of interest to put in place a national super marine store (retail and wholesale) of all australian and international marine products and manufacturers.
Currently in Australia all the retailers and wholesalers carry limited or poorly made products for the marine leisure industry.
1. Interest from manufacturers and suppliers to the marine industry to supply goods in the following categories
a.Engine parts
b.Stern drive parts
c.Electrical components
d.Battery Chargers both fixed and portable
e.Marine Electronics
f.Inverters
h.Generators
g.All general chandelery items
i. water heaters
j.water makers
k.stoves and galley equipment
l.seating and trim
m.all deck fixtures, rails etc
n.windscreens and fittings
o.windows.
p.cables,steering hydraulics etc.
q.generic marine parts and replicated parts
r.outdrives,inboards outboards.
s.reconditioned parts
t. any items related to the marine industry and boating.
The proposal is to create a super marine store that carries all parts and items available for sale in Australia and internationally under one roof. With supply gauranteed to our consumers in a reasonable period of time. At a price that is fair and reasonable. With our current review of the boating industry in Australia, we have found it be be excessively expensive and suffering from lack of service and customer relation skills. It is our aim to introduce a high level of customer service skills into a industry that lacks both professionalism and customer relations. Our objective is to be high volume, high dollar turnover and giving consumers value for money. Ineterested parties please contact Michael Kennedy at [email protected] for further details."

"I'll bet if you contacted

"I'll bet if you contacted the management of West Marine, you could reach an arrangement.

G'day!

Jeff"

"Mike,

Sounds like a great

"Mike,

Sounds like a great idea. I guarantee you will end up with 10 million dollars after just one year. That is, of course, if you start out with 100 million.

Good luck.

Rick"

"Michael,

Australia probabl

"Michael,

Australia probably has a "Marine Manufacturer's Trade Association" similar to the NMMA in the USA. You should probably make contact with them if you haven't already.

Good luck... that is big project!"

"I've done some deals with

"I've done some deals with WEST M. Good luck. They have a complex supply channel. If you have a good market idea....what do they need you for.

Go it on your own,use West as a model. Make a business plan, see some angelinvestors, then the banks. Build it up, then sell out to West for 25 times your investment."

Back