Logo

1964 Ford Econo Power 170 6cylinder

photoed

"Anyone know this motor?
Is t

"Anyone know this motor?
Is this the right place for info?
Is there a better place I should check out?
Am I all alone?

Thanks gang, looking forward to this experience!"

Isn't that the Ford Falcon

Isn't that the Ford Falcon and early Mustang engine?

"Yes! Yes it is! There is al

"Yes! Yes it is! There is also a marine version, although I'm not up to speed on what the difference is...yet. I have twin "Econo Power" motors in the houseboat. Hoping to find plenty of knowledge here if it's available."

"Ed,

You mention "170&#

"Ed,

You mention "170" in the title. Is it 170 cubic inch?

There was a 6 cylinder Interceptor that was 100HP, 170 cid, 3.5" x 2.94".

I'm not sure where you are seeing the "Econo Power", might be on the manifold.

If that is what you have I've got some specs and a power curve I could scan and post here for you."

"Thanks Andrew!
It is the 100

"Thanks Andrew!
It is the 100hp motor you mentioned! "Econo Power" is on the valve cover, just throwing as much info out there as I can.
I would love to get as much info on this motor as I can, so any help would be appreciated. Again, this is the marine engine...for what it's worth."

Do both of the valve covers sa

Do both of the valve covers say "Econo Power"?

"Here is a picture of the star

"Here is a picture of the starboard engine.

13880.jpg
1964 Water Maker

In the 1970s there was a 200CU

In the 1970s there was a 200CU Ford engine which was used in Fairmonts into 1980 and possibly Mavericks that might be a larger displacement of the same engine.

"That's the same engine al

"That's the same engine all right: a 144 and a 170 cuber came in the 60s Falcons. They ran okay in cars, but were nothing to brag about. Nice, light weight engine, but why did they have to hang the trans off the FRONT end of the motor, like those dopes at Chris Craft?

Jeff"

"Jeff, Palmer engines are turn

"Jeff, Palmer engines are turned backward from the tractor version also."

Thanks for all the info guys!!

Thanks for all the info guys!!! Any warnings or issues I should be aware of? Any parts impossible to find?

Ed

"I have this motor in a 1965 C

"I have this motor in a 1965 Correct Craft American Skier. It doesn't say anything about Econo Power, however. About 9 years ago Correct Craft in Florida sent some spec sheets. For tune-ups etc. It's 170 c.i. 100HP just like the pics you have posted. I'm looking for a fuel pump. Everything I've found refers to Crusader or OMC. I think I found here part #18-7279, any thoughts?"

"David,

What makes you thin

"David,

What makes you think it's part 18-7279?

The information on this page might help find something that will work, but I don't see anything that refers to that engine displacement. I even looked in some older Sierra catalogs but it still doesn't show up."

"2 200ci Ford Interceptor engi

"2 200ci Ford Interceptor engines, one is new short block and completely assembled, the other is rebuilt. Also Eaton Powernaut Drives for each. Located Western Canada, ready for your restoration project. Best offer takes both."

"I have a correction for my po

"I have a correction for my posting here, these engines are the 170 interceptor engines. They have just over 800 real hours on each and have been in storage since parting boat out. They each have the original gauge packages that came with them as well. The Eaton drives are dis-assembled but complete ready for shipping anywhere in the world. If someone is serious about restoring their boat and needs good engines, then these are available. They are taking up valuable space in my work shop. Best offer takes them both, located in western Canada. Cheers!"

"Do you know if the Powernaut&

"Do you know if the Powernaut's are A-series or B-series drives?
If you can post the serial #'s, that would be a big help."

im looking for a picture of a

im looking for a picture of a 200 cubic inch engine for any year ford maverick!

"HI,Are exhaust manifolds stil

"HI,Are exhaust manifolds still available for these engines?thanks"

Back