Logo

43 not starting

jisksa

"Please Help,
I have a 2000 4

"Please Help,
I have a 2000 4.3 mercruise t,bolt IV that will not start,
The boat has run fine for the last 2 years but last week we went out and after 30 mins she cut \
out and would not start,I have checked the fuel,new plugs but i have no spark,12v to the coil is ok and it turns over fine,also i have replaced the coil but still no spark."

"bad ground, remove groundwire

"bad ground, remove groundwire on block clean the connection and replace or relocate"

"Neil,

Check the lanyard an

"Neil,

Check the lanyard and switch. Ignition module could also be to blame, but I'd check the cheap stuff first. Pop the distributor cap, take a look at the rotor and contacts. Make sure neither one is damaged.

Good luck
Rick"

"I'd check the engine shif

"I'd check the engine shift switch. After 5 years the linkage gets worn and the kill switch will not let it start.

Switch is near the engine or on the transom where the shift linkage terminates. To check try moving the shift handle around and check to start after jiggling the shifter. You can see the micro switch and push it down with the engine in neutral. I'd bet it starts right up.
This switch kills the ignition when the engine is shifted, making it a zero torque shift. they constantly fial and need re aligned, try it. You could also check the high voltage output from the coil, if it is zero when you crank....the kill switch is usually the cause.
BEAR"

"Thanks all, It turned out to

"Thanks all, It turned out to be the
pickup in the dissey cap,Thanks again for all your help.

Neil
"

Back