Logo

Which wire to which plug

E

Edward Mistarka

" I did not make notes as I re

" I did not make notes as I replace all four ignition coils due to damage and corrosion. It's a 4cd evinrude with one power pack and 2 plugs on each side. (1980 one fourty sport). Which wire of the two from each power pack goes to which plug? The manual does not help, as far as I can tell. "

"Ed.... Any manual should have

"Ed.... Any manual should have a wiring schematic that points out the wire colors, however... the orange wire with the blue stripe (orange/blue) is always the top plug wire on that model.

Joe
"

" Need info on what wire goes

" Need info on what wire goes to ignition switch on 1996 johnson outboard. the ignition switch is a 6 plug with 2 m-magneto,a-accesories-c-choke-b-battery-s-starter.The wires on the boat harnes are black, black-white,red,purple,purple and white,yelow and red.Need to know which wire goes to what connector. 1996 lowe boat. with a 1996 johnson 50hp outboard.ignition switch is made by omc.please help.thanks. "

"Abox.... Connections are as f

"Abox.... Connections are as follows. That black/white wire....should be black/yellow.

B-Battery = Red
M-Magneto (flat connection on switch) = Black
M-Magneto (raised Boss on switch)Black/Yellow
A-Accessories = Purple
C-Choke = Purple/White
S-Solenoid = Yellow/Red

Note... I just happened to come across your question. If you back up to the previous page where everyone has listed their questions, then go to the extreme bottom of that page, you'll see a large button entitled "Create New Conversaion" (something of that nature). Clicking on that button will allow you to have your question listed under your own section rather than under someone elses.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)"

" Thanks Joe,
Really apprecia

" Thanks Joe,
Really appreciate your help with wiring that ignition switch on the 1996 johnson.Tried it today and it works fine.You have a really good website with helpful information.Got 1 more question for ya.My engine is running really rough during idle state.Do you think a carburator kit and fuel filter will be the fix for this?But again on the ignition switch thanks for all your help.abox "

Back