Logo

35 nissans the 2 stroke ones

merc1500

i m a dealer in virginia and i

i m a dealer in virginia and i have al ways wondered if it was possible to make the 3.5 run smoother i know that the crank is not correctly balenced has anyone moded one to make it run smoother

The crank is correctly balance

The crank is correctly balanced for a 1 cylinder engine. Statements like "i know that the crank is not correctly balenced" are lot like saying "are you feeling better since your husband stopped beating you". If the premise is incorrect what follows will not be correct.

"No, actually they do not. I h

"No, actually they do not. I have run every one cylinder outboard that has been in production over the last 30 years and they all run the same regardless of brand...Awful....When compared to two cylinder ehgines in the same hp."

huh maybe i just have a messed

huh maybe i just have a messed up flywheel then cause my 3hp yahama 2 stroke runs alot smoother and the 5hp nissan 2 stroke much smoother but i all my days of running the 3.5 nissan i have found that some are smoother than others but they still are rough compared to 1989 3hp yahama and the 5hp nissan i have few flywheels lying around mine is just rough i have tried adjusting the carb needle inside the carb have got it alittle better still one of the roughest ones i have ever worked on

there are no motor mounts on t

there are no motor mounts on this engine well there are none from the factory im going to try to put some to help

"Engines do not run rough beca

"Engines do not run rough because of the flywheel balance. They could...But that is never the reason. There are a variety of things that could be the source, but on a small outboard it is usually a carb issue where the engine float needle is worn. It could also be that the engine is simply not set high enough at idle. We see a lot of small engines where people have set the idle down too low. The engines run, but they shake...badly."

Back