Logo

90HP 2S CommentsReliability

mako285

I'm seriously looking at t

I'm seriously looking at the 90HP 2S because of weight considerations on a re-power for a 17" center console. Probably looking at purchasing a new motor 07/08 -- any comments on this motor good or bad??

"M J, Yamaha built most of the

"M J, Yamaha built most of the parts for the 90 horse, 2 stroke Mercs for years (including current models - since only 50 and 90 horse 2 strokes are still manufactued by Merc).

The 90 Merc has been one of their most durable engines. And while that comment is not exact to your question, should give you some idea of the quality of their powerheads/gears.

Personally, I would hang a 90 horse 2 stroke Yami off the back of a boat without a second thought and be certain that my decision was good
"

"Have used and abused a 1991 Y

"Have used and abused a 1991 Yamaha 90TRP on a Grady White Spirit 175 for the past eleven years, SUPER ENGINE.

Had to seal the oiltank 'pickup' fitting and had to replace cylinder head due to crud & corrosion from too much 'trolling' nine years ago. Added an 8hp Honda to 'troll' and have had zero problems since.

Fuel consumption has averaged 2.85 GPH gasoline for both engines and .15 QPH of YamaLube for the 90TRP."

Back