Logo

Any Idea design of a lift to remove my 40 YAM from the boat

roscopico

Regular Contributor
"Gentlemen,

Any idea how to

"Gentlemen,

Any idea how to remove my 40yam F40tlra from the a 16 ft. here is my challenge, how I am going to get the engine on a engine rest "by myself" (2) what is mission critical componets that care has to be taken when disconnecting

IF NOT

I am thinking in additional to winterize, insulate with those insulation they use in the house wrap it up and cover.

WHAT YA THINK"

"You could leave it on the boa

"You could leave it on the boat. Don't really see the need to insulate it, but would definately cover it up to keep the worst of the elements off of it.

A 40 is getting a little big to pull off, but at 200 pounds (or so) a couple of guys could lift it a short distance.

Regarless of what you decide, you should keep it "upright". I have hood covers for mine (if they stay on the boat - to keep the paint/decals "pretty") and then tarp over everything else. You don't want to make it airtight or you risk condensation where you don't want it..."

"Just like when you shrink wra

"Just like when you shrink wrap a boat, you leave a "vent" to let the moisture out, that's my only concern with the engine as well. It should be able to breathe while keeping the elements off of it..."

Back