stabili

change oil and filter
stabilizes gas and run for 15 minutes
change lower unit lube
pull all spark plugs and spray fogging oil
crank over the engine with the ESS aka kill switch pulled
i also pull prop and lube shaft

I have tried running the engin

I have tried running the engine with the hose adapter and there's no water comming out of the cooling pilot hole. I was afraid to run it too long so after a couple of minutes I shut the engine. All this time never did any water come out of the pilot hole. I had a mercruiser alpha I/O and a Mercury outboard run it with the same adapter never had this problem...am I doing something wrong?

"I have twin, 2003 F200 four s

"I have twin, 2003 F200 four strokes and i assume the procedure is the same. I have three questions if you would be so kind.

Is this a good time to also change both the fuel filter (under the cowling) and the oil/water separator?

Assuming I am going use a pump to pump the motor oil out via the dipstick tube, does yamaha make a special tube designed to be inserted into the dipstick tube for this purpose. I have noticed that the instructions on some of the oil pumps tell you to attach such a tube to the pump if your motor manuf. makes one.

Does yamaha publish any sort of instructions or service guidelines that explain how to change the motor oil filter and the fuel filter. As for the oil filter, my user's guide says simply - have a mechanic do that and it has no info on the fuel filter.

Thanks in advance for any assistance."

Back