Logo

No power from 98 yamaha OX66 200hp

crawdad2

"Last week while fishing off o

"Last week while fishing off of Pensacola, my motor lost power and I limped back in unable to get on plane. Less than 1/2 power was available. I changed the fuel water separator and empties the seperator on the port side of the motor. It had about an inch of water in it. do you think water is my only problem ?? What else could it be ??"

the shift interrupt could be a

the shift interrupt could be a problem for that motor to leaving you in like a rpm reduction if you unplug it and gain power back you got. also if there was water in the filters you need to drain the vst tank and check for water

drain carbs also use bowl filt

drain carbs also use bowl filters you´ll see the water

"Now is the time for a checkup

"Now is the time for a checkup. has the fuel pumps been changed in the last three years, vst filter checked, filter change in see-through filter. Main tank may have water. While your at it do a de-carb using liquid seafoam using a couple gallons of gas. Check spark plugs and engine compression, if you still have problems."

"i'm buying yamaha 200hp o

"i'm buying yamaha 200hp outboard motor, please advise me what is the recommended fuel used and additives. we have shell products of fuel (RON 97) and lubricants."

Back