Logo

25 hp yamaha bogging problem

jason_maroon

"on a freind's 93 25 yamah

"on a freind's 93 25 yamaha. supposed carb rebuilt (by a boat shop), i changed the fuel pump, fuel line from tank to motor, all fuel lines, fuel tank, fuel and filter.. what adjustment on the carb would help this.. any other suggestions? it idles good, and runs good in my yard with the ears on it, it just bogs down after a couple hundred yards at full throttle in gear. if i pump the bulb about once a second, it will run fine..::????.."

"obviously , its not getting s

"obviously , its not getting sufficent fuel,
check fuel, filter
then look into carb adjustments"

"i've personally changed e

"i've personally changed everything fuel related(fuel pump, fuel line from tank to motor, all fuel lines, fuel tank, fuel and filter) to this motor except tune on the carb. is there a "baseline" to use or is there an online set of procedures to properly adjust the carb?"

"2stroke. the fuel pump is bra

"2stroke. the fuel pump is brand new, not a rebuild. that's the first thing i changed when i heard about the problem. do ya bend the float arm to adjust? is it not letting enough fuel into the bowl?"

"Well let to a check here

&

"Well let to a check here

(1) the carb was working fine, which means the float was working good.

(2) but the jets that spray the fuel in the combustion chamber, might be cloggy.

(3) Give it a good clean, change those jets if nesscessary, change the float, don't bend anything."

it also sounds like like the t

it also sounds like like the tank isint venting next time it dies crack the tank it it gasps for air that could be the problem

Back