Logo

Honda BF 20 Choke issue

ralphworld

Honda BF 20 choke cable: Chok

Honda BF 20 choke cable: Choke knob threaded cap has broken from the threaded plastic shaft of the mechanism. What tricks are involved with changing the choke cable if that is the only fix.

"I just ordered this CD off E-

"I just ordered this CD off E-Bay, so hopefully it will hook me up with a removal procedure under the carb/ fuel section. From my itial inspection of the crack in the cable fitting going thru the cowl, I suspect I will need to order an entire replacement cable assembly with both threaded ends versus any repairs to just the broken plastic threaded section which cracked behind the rubber boot cap...................
This CD contains all Honda outboard service manuals for BF2-50 HP. These manuals on in PDF format which can be read and printed using the free Acrobat Reader program.

The manuals contained on this CD are actual Honda manuals, not an aftermarket brand.

They explain all aspects of maintaining/repairing your Honda outboard motor.
Regards,
RR}}"

"Yes, you have to order the wh

"Yes, you have to order the whole cable. You will need to remove the air box silencer to remove the old cable and install the new. Accessing the lower 10mm bolt is awkward at best: you need a long socket extension, and a swivel 10mm socket, or possibly a wobble extention (if you know what that is)."

"Thanks for the tip on the awk

"Thanks for the tip on the awkward 10 mm socket issue. I'll plan on spending some time working with that. I got the cable assembly ordered yesterday.
Regards,
RR"

Back