Logo

Compression test

jjdluz

Regular Contributor
"few days ago i try to do my 1

"few days ago i try to do my 1992 yamaha 200 compression test,please tell me if i did it right or wrong,i let the motor run till it warm,and pull the kill switch,and push the throttle wo,and hook up the new gauge ,when i turn the motor,the gauge indicator bounce back and forward,pressure never build up,i try two more cylinder ,it do the same thing,what is wrong why pressure not building up,i screw the fitting in tight shouldnt be leaking?please help,with more tips.thanks."

"Sounds like a bad guage. As

"Sounds like a bad guage. As you turn over the motor, the guage should build pressure, eventually max out and hold till you release."

by any chance what is normal r

by any chance what is normal reading pressure of 1992 yamaha 200?and whree i can find it?thanks.

"compression numbers are rarel

"compression numbers are rarely published. mainly because guages vary a lot. look instead for balance. if one cyl. is much lower than the rest, theres a problem there. 10 percent. since your guage is new, take it back. but the problem is the shraeder valve. (same valve a tire uses) there is one at the end of the hose where it connects to the engine, and another to relieve pressure. one is loose, or stuck open."

Back