Logo

Battery switch problem

jjdluz

Regular Contributor
"i have 1992 yamaha 200txrq ou

"i have 1992 yamaha 200txrq outboard,and when i switch to battery one,it make quick tick sound from relay in motor,but when i switch to battery two or both it will start right up,is the relay bad?or i need to check something else?please give me tips."

"i use om meter check the batt

"i use om meter check the battery,and it show 10v,so it should be a good battery,right?and also when i switch to battery one,all other power equipment working fine,like radio light,so please show me next step,thanks."

"A VOM puts little load on the

"A VOM puts little load on the battery. Even a weak 12 volt battery should show more than 10 volts. So as JUST-IN-TIME says, "Load test the battery.""

"i think i will take the batte

"i think i will take the battery to auto zone check it,and like to ask u one more questiuon,few days ago i try to test my compression of my 200 yamaha,i let it run till it warm,and pull the kill switch,and push throttle wo,hook up testing gauge,but while i turn motor,i look at the gauge,it bounce back and forward,pressure never build up,i try two more cylinder,it do the same thing,what did i do wrong,and the test kit is new,thanks."

sounds like a bad gauge

bes

sounds like a bad gauge

best is do a cold test and a warm test then a wet test

you have to charge the battery first then load test

"the battery switch problem ha

"the battery switch problem have not solve,change new battery switch,check wires,battery check is good,next thing i will do is check every peice wire of battery one,any sugesstion?thanks."

"change 2 pcs battery cable,it

"change 2 pcs battery cable,it start right up,it is bad cable,hope everybody have same problem,check all wire first,and it can be only wires."

Back