Logo

10HP Honda BF100 bogs

L

Lonnie Teeling

"I have a 10 hp that idles gre

"I have a 10 hp that idles great, when I try to go it bogs down and stalls. I pulled the carb and it is spotless, the main jet is clean. I checked compression and I have 105 psi on both cylinders. I just bought this motor so I have no history, Any Ideas?"

I have not pulled it but when

I have not pulled it but when it bogs I tried pumping the primer ball to simulate the fuel pump and it did not make a diffrence. I also noticed the carb. was misting fuel out of the air inlet screen when I nursed it to full throttle.

"I can't get one of the je

"I can't get one of the jets out, do you know where I can buy a new one other then Honda?"

"I have seen these simptoms a

"I have seen these simptoms a few times, the inlet needle is worn and/or exsessive carbon blocking exhaust. Is it a salt or fresh water engine? Is the cooling system funtioning properly? These are considerations when effecting repairs."

"I have replaced the carb with

"I have replaced the carb with a new one, it will now get to 1/3 throttle then when I try to give it more throttle it looses speed. I am wondering if the prop has to much pitch?"

"Lonnie. If the carb is mistin

"Lonnie. If the carb is misting in front of the air intake compression is blowing it out. Set the valve first. Then check compression. This is NOT a carb problem. It is a intake problem, Valve timing or tight valve adjustment."

"I figured it out, the timming

"I figured it out, the timming belt was off one tooth. It has been like this since I bought it used."

Back