Logo

1989 2 stroke 130 problems

whaler17

"I need some help figuring out

"I need some help figuring out what is wrong with my 130 Yamaha 2 stroke. It will start and idle and even idle in gear, but when I try to throttle up under a load it bogs down hard at 2000rpms and will die if I push it to accelerate. It will throttle up fine with no load on it. I have taken the carbs off and cleaned them and they looked clean when I took them off. I took the main jets and idle jets out and sprayed them with carb cleaner making sure I could see easily through the holes, then put them back in. The float bowls looked sqeaky clean. Any help would be appreciated."

"Yes, and I already repleced t

"Yes, and I already repleced the fuel pump with a new one. I even thought the tank pickup might be the problem, but after I bought a plastic 6 gallon tank from Walmart and hooked it up, the motor did the same thing. Someone suggested that it might be the high speed side of the coil. Does that sound reasonable?"

"So you think it is more likel

"So you think it is more likely the carbs than the high speed coil? I have a Clmer manual, but it doesn't have very many exploded diagrams and the ones it has aren't great."

Back