Logo

2006 150 VMAX CARB

matco453

"I HAVE A 2006 VMAX CARB. THE

"I HAVE A 2006 VMAX CARB. THE FIRST SEASON THE MOTOR RAN GREAT.MY SON USES IT EVERY WEEK. THE BOAT SAT FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS DURING THE WINTER. SON TOOK IT TO THE LAKE AND BOAT WOULD NOT CRANK. TOOK IT IN FOR TUNE-UP AT SHOP. STILL HAD PROBLEMS WITH INITIAL START-UP. ONCE STARTED MOTOR RUNS FINE, EVEN AFTER SHUTTING OFF MANY TIMES DURING THE DAY. ITS THAT FIST TIME YOU START IT WHERE THE PROBLEM IS. HAVE CHANGE WATER SEPARATER,BUBBLE AND FUEL FILTER. STILL HAVE PROBLEM. HEARS THE KEY. YOU CAN SPRAY A LITTLE B-12 INTO THE INTAKE AND IT WILL FIRE RIGHT UP.THIS IS WHAT WE ARE DOING FIRST IN THE MORNINGS. LET IT SIT FOR A DAY OR TWO AND ITS TIME FOR THE B-12. THE MOTOR IS IN WARRENTY BUT SERVICE CENTER SAYS IT START FINE WITH THEM. NEED HELP."

"Steven, I would take it in an

"Steven, I would take it in and have them show you how they are starting it, when it "starts fine for them".

You may be simply missing a small step in the starting proceedure that is making it hard to start for you..."

I got nothing!!!! It floods ea

I got nothing!!!! It floods easy and will not start at all. I hav tried every single combination of starting sequesnces.

Just figured out the correct s

Just figured out the correct starting procedure for my motor. put the throttle into fast idle just enough to open the throttle plates and then choke it with the kay and it will start. If you choke it with the key and do not open the throttle plates then there is just straight gas going into the carb. open the throttle plate a little o2 can get in and combust.

Back