Logo

Warning Buzzer

ehlien

Regular Contributor
I have a 96 272 Baja with a 45

I have a 96 272 Baja with a 454 IO. When I insert the starter key and turn the ignition on I get a warning buzzer. The buzzer stays on after the engine starts sometimes for a very long time. I have been told this buzzer is for several differnt things. Anybody know for sure what the buzzer is for and what I check to correct it?

Thanks

Ya the Baja tech guys told me

Ya the Baja tech guys told me to jiggle the float in the oil bottle. Did and it doid not go on tonight when i took the boat out.
Next thing I need to do is fix the water gage.
Get power to the gage but it does not register temp. Changed out the sensopr and still not reading.

Thanks

"ground wire at sender. guage

"ground wire at sender. guage should peg. if it does, problem is sender. if not, try same at back of guage. if it pegs, it's in the harness. if not, the guage itself."

"When you say same at the &#34

"When you say same at the "back of gauge", exactly what do you mean?

Thanks again"

peg= needle jumps to max. jump

peg= needle jumps to max. jump send terminal to ground on back of guage. I'm assuming you have confirmed power to guage.

"yes like scott says
to test

"yes like scott says
to test gauges vs senders

find the sender and ground it out to an engine ground, the gauge should read max

now go on the back of the gauge and take the ground to sender, it should read full"

I have some guage and light pr

I have some guage and light problems on my Shamrock due to the lugs in the wiring harness. I clean them and use dielectric grease and it seems to work for a long time.

Good stuff thanks. I'll ch

Good stuff thanks. I'll check it all out after the snow melts around here!!!!!!!!
Happy New Year!!

Back