Logo

New 671bs owner

uwhuskies00

"We purchased a 1982 Ocean Ale

"We purchased a 1982 Ocean Alexander Mk1 with twin 6-71's. We had Deeres and Cummins on our last boats so are really not familiar with the DD. The engine survey came back great and they are spotless engines with not a hint of smoke (2600hrs). We were told by the PO that fuel consumption is around 8 gal total an hour @ 1650 RPM, we seem to have come up with different numbers than that so far. On survey we got 2350 rpms on each engine what should we be running at? Is there anything we need to know besides the fact that these are loud engines."

2350 RPM IS GOOD THATS THE RAT

2350 RPM IS GOOD THATS THE RATED F/L RPM.AT 1650 RPM I SHOW 11.5 GAL/HR.THE SIZE OF BOAT AND THE LOAD WILL VERY ON FUEL USED. ITS THE SPEED YOU WANT WILL TELL YOU WHAT RPMS TO RUN ENYWERE BETWEEN 1600 AND 2100 IS GOOD.

"Thanks Marvin, we are a 50&#3

"Thanks Marvin, we are a 50' Ocean Alexander MK1,we weigh around 55,000. IS 11.5 gal per engine? I know this question is up for debate but during the winters up her in PNW we may go a month or so without using the boat. The winters up here are generally mild but is it a good idea to start the boat and let her run for a bit at the dock. I know they probably won't get to operating temp so I am conserned about build up on the cylinder walls. Thanks for the feedback"

"yes 11.5 is per engine.as far

"yes 11.5 is per engine.as far as running, i whould run onces a mouth.after start up bring rpms up to 12 to 1500 and run about 10 mins."

Back