Logo

Large cloud of black smoke amp Unburnt fuel

K

karl000

"Hi, I have aqad41a turbo'

"Hi, I have aqad41a turbo's fitted in my princess 286. I bought the boat last year and on the way back had a loud knocking from one engine - just like a big end noise. I managed to work out that it was the injectors miss firing and had them all reconditioned. The boat then seemed to run fine for a couple of short trips, however now there is a large cloud of black smoke - I mean big! as it goes on the plane and the whole of the back of the boat and cockpit is covered in black soot or unburnt fuel. The black appears to stop once planing, however it is cruising at around 20 knots instead of the 28knots before. I'm unsure if this is a seperate problem from the original injectors or a new problem with say a turbo or pump - I would be very grateful for any help - thanks karl

Add Your Message Here
Post: -Color- Black Red Green Blue Yellow Purple Orange Cyan Gray White -Font- Arial Courier Symbol Times Verdana -Size- Smallest (-2) Small (-1) Normal Large (+1) Largest (+2)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message

Action:"

"Let us start at the end, crui

"Let us start at the end, cruising speed.
Do You obtain the same max rpm? Is the cruising speed measured at the same RPM? If so either Your bottom ( the boat) is fouled or perhaps props dammaged.
The heavy smoke normally has to do with the setting of the smoke limmiter in the fuel pump.
Since You seem to have no problem in getting in plane, the turbo seems to work (kicks in around 24-2600 rpm).
Could You please add following info:
Max rpm?
RPM when turbo kicks in and black smoke starts?
Take off the air-filter and do a test run to see if that improves the situation."

"Have a KAMD44P Volvo Penta on

"Have a KAMD44P Volvo Penta on my Pursuit 3000. The Port engine has developed a White smoke problem. We just had a mechanic do a valve adjustment and replace a bent push rod and rocker arm guide pin. My rocker arm guide pin snapped off at the head. That was replaced, valves adjusted and runs good except for the white smoke. Could that mean coolant is getting into fuel? Head gasket?
Help
Thanks"

Back