Logo

Nissan NS60A Water Pump Service Manual

M

Mike Gardner

"I am having a tough time find

"I am having a tough time finding a water pump kit and housing for my late 80s 60hp Nissan.

Also, would like to find a service manual or the pertinent pages for the water pump and carburetors.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Mike in AZ"

Water pump parts are no longer

Water pump parts are no longer available for that model engine and there is no substitute. The service manual is available from any Nissan or Tohatsu dealer.

"Thanks, Elvin.

I can find

"Thanks, Elvin.

I can find the impeller and key, but not the other parts. I'm hoping i can find a kit or the other parts in old stock somewhere. It's working fine now , but with less than 200 hours on it, it's not a motor that should be discarded out of hand.

As far as the manual, I've been coming up empty there as well. The '92 and up Clymer manual is available, but this motor was new in '88 or '89. I can't seem to find out if that manual is applicable or not. Do you happen to know?

Thanks for your reply. It's greatly appreciated.

Mike in AZ"

"I've never used a Clymer

"I've never used a Clymer manual, but I believe the models that it would cover are listed on the cover. The W P parts went out of production several years ago. You were lucky to find the impeller. We sold the last kit we had a month ago and according to Tohatsu/Nissan, we had the last ones. The factory manual is still available if you one."

"Thanks again Elvin.

You&#3

"Thanks again Elvin.

You'd think that a top manufacturer like Nissan that touts the long life and great durability of their products would make service parts to match that longevity. Oh, well, lesson learned. I'll buy a Merc or a Honda next time.

Happy boating.

Mike in AZ"

"I know what you mean, but all

"I know what you mean, but all manufacturers are limited to providing parts for only as long as their subcontracters produce them. Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, Mercury and Evinrude/Johnson all have parts that they are no longer able to provide on fairly new engines. Nissan/Tohatsu is/was/willbe no better or no worse than then them. What really hurts about this is that the Tohatsu/Nissan engine frame is so good that they keep running far longer than they were designed to. Manufacturers do not design their engines with a long shelf life. They design them for x number of operational hours in conjunction with a saltwater survival rate. Basically, if your engine is over ten years old you have beaten the curve. If I were you, I would look at it as a blessing that you got double the years. Now turn that frown upside down
"

"I can't seem to get the p

"I can't seem to get the pump case lower off the gear case. I have removed almost all of the gasket material from the surfaces, and the parts are not even budging/shifting. I have removed the cam rod, but not the drive shaft. What am I not understanding? I don't see any mechanical fasteners for these two parts. Is the pump case lower pressed into the gear case? Am I a big dummy for trying to change this gasket only because it came with the water pump repair parts?"

Hello i own a ns60a and i have an alarming issue that i have noticed i just bought this boat and after i pull it out of salt water i bring it home and put the ear muffs with the garden hose on and start it....but no water comes out of the top where it normaly "pees" out at the back right. Is this normal? I was worryed that my water pump was broken so i drove the boat to fresh water right away and dipped it and the water "peed" out of the spot again thankfully, so my question is
when the earmuffs are on with water flowing and the engine is running is water to be "peeing" out the back right??????

If so any idea why its not with the ear muffs but is when in the water?

Thank you for reading.

Attachments

• Georgia straight.jpg
    Georgia straight.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG00264-20101105-1002.jpg
    IMG00264-20101105-1002.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG00263-20101105-1001.jpg
    IMG00263-20101105-1001.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 122
Normal for some motors to do that when running on muffs----------Install a water pressure gauge to monitor your pump.

Hi Mary.
I am casting some of those impellers right now. I have not had time to recast the pump housing but I have a brand new one ready to be cast. If you need one urgently I can put other work aside and get the pump housing finished. Let me know.
Best regards,
Scott.

Scott, thanks for the fast reply to Mary Sinclair (my wife). I would like to know pricing on both items and shipping, if possible. I am located in Pennsylvania, USA. Thanks. The motor is a 1992 nissan, 70hp, NA70A2. Thanks Bob Sinclair.

Last edited:
Hi Bob.
I am working on getting urethane at a better price at the moment but I have been selling the impeller for $50US and the pump housing will cost $90US. Postage will be just under $12 for both.
I have a new pump housing in front of me but I have not started recasting them yet. If you want to go ahead with the housing, please understand that I will need some time to test the item before I release it for sale.
Thank you very much for your inquiry.
Best regards,
Scott Lintern.

Hi Scott thanks for the reply, and yes I do need both items, price seems ok. Since you are out of the country how do I pay you for these items when available. Once again I have a 1992 nissan 70hp NS70A2 engine. Please keep me posted. Thanks again. Bob Sinclair.

Hi Bob.

I will start casting the pump case tomorrow.
No problems with the NS70A2 reference. I use the 70A2 reference for both the Nissan and Tohatsu 70hp engines. The 'NS' reference tells me yours is made by Nissan rather than Tohatsu.
I use paypal for payment but if you do not have a paypal account, I will give you my bank details for direct deposit once I have finished the recast. I'll keep you up to date with the progress.

Best regards,
Scott.

Hi Bob and Mary.
Just a quick note to let you know I have not forgot about your impeller and pump case.
The weather has been a bit cold here this week and that has made the cast cure very slowly. Its taking nearly four times longer than usual and I need to make the mould and the cast so I'm very sorry that you have been waiting so long. If you are desperate for the part and you see another feel free to buy it. Don't worry about putting me out. If you are willing to wait just a bit longer, I will send a free impeller in the parcel so you are ready for your next service. Thank you very much for your patience.
Best regards,
Scott.

Hi Scott hope you are having a good Sunday, I just wanted to thank you again for the reply, not in any hurry for items, understand about the cold weather and molding of the items. I can wait. Thanks Robert.

Hi Bob and Mary.
I have just finished making a 'hot box' so I can continue producing urethane parts in Winter. I should have the parts ready after this weekend.
All the best,
Scott.

Hello Bob.

I'm very sorry this reply took so long to get to you. I have not forgot you and I have been working on these pump cases for a while to get them right. I now have pump cases available and I am constantly making impellers so I will have everything you were chasing by the middle of the week. If you still need the Impeller and pump case, please let me know and I will get them in the mail for you.
Once again, sorry for the delay and like I mentioned earlier, I will throw in an extra impeller as a 'thank you' for you patience.

Best regards,
Scott.

Hi Scott received your email, thanks for not forgetting me. I have not been in any rush, have been in South Carolina on vacation for three weeks. some fishing, very hot there. Yes, I still need the items when available, no rush, just keep me in mind. Thanks Robert. Have a great weekend.

It sounds like you have been having a great time! Good to hear. Some hot weather would be nice about now as we are stuck inside with pouring rain outside. I have some impellers and a pump case ready for you. If you can pm me your address, I'll send them to you.
Best regards,
Scott.

Scott, weather here very hot, today 92 and will continue to climb by the end fo week, you can have some of this if you like. My address is Robert V. Sinclair, 81 Houston Road, Lansdowne, Pa 19050-1725, anything else you need just let me know. Scott will be away until Wednesday of this coming week for work, will return Thursday afternoon. Have a great week and thanks.

Hah! You keep that kind of weather. We get enough of that in our summer. The weather has fined up today with a lovely 17°c so I'll just take half of your heat and we should both be fine:)
Thanks for forwarding your address and I will get those part out in tomorrows post.
You have a great week too (as best you can at work).
Best regards,
Scott.

Hi Bob and Mary.

I just sent your impellers and pump case. You should get them in ten days or so.
As I mentioned before, I have thrown in an extra impeller and I will cover postage as a thank you for your patience.
I will pm you with my paypal details.

Best regards,
Scott (kat69)

Hi Scott received the housing and impellers today in the mail, they look great. I just need you to let me know again how much I owe you for the items. If you have a email address I can send paymment through paypal. Please let me know how and easiest way for both of us to handle the transaction. Thanks again Robert. Sorry it took so long to respond, I'm still working out of town until Friday. Robert.

Hi Robert.
My paypal address is [email protected]
The total comes to $140US. Let me know how it all goes for you. If you experience any problems at all, please drop me a mail.
As you can see from the impellers, there is a good side and a fair side. I advise people to install the impeller with the good side down - or facing the propeller. I would also smear some marine grease inside the housing to help insert the impeller and to help the impeller spin for its first start-up.
Good luck with the installation and happy boating.
Best regards,
Scott.

Back