Logo

Turbo filter

delacova

"I recently had my stb engine

"I recently had my stb engine turbo rebuilt due to black smoke. 6-71 485 Detroit / Covnington. This solved the problem...No More Smoke. New Problem...after just 25 hours of use, the turbo filter became so clogged with black zoot and oil that the filter was torn as it was sucked in. (The filter had been cleasned at the time the turbo was rebuilt) Any ideas on what may have caused this filter clog eventhough the turbo was rebuilt? No smoke anywhere Stern or engine room."

The filter I replaced wi a Rac

The filter I replaced wi a Racor Part # AF M8034 Air Filter Element which is a large cone shaped filter. I dont know if they clean my airseps when they rebuilt the turbo. I am thinking not!

"Rene,

Typically you cannot

"Rene,

Typically you cannot wash soot from an AIRSEP air filter. If it was damaged from an exhaust leak or other problem, the soot is embedded in the material and cannot be washed. Suggest you replace with new.

Generally the racor "look alike" is not recommended. Use genuine Walker AIRSEP replacement air filters, West Marine carries most sizes. See their 2007 catalog page 595.

Michael"

Back