Logo

1994 PCM 351 EFI Intermittent Rich Condition HELP

L

liquidoffroad

" I have a 1994 sport nautique

" I have a 1994 sport nautique with an EFI 351. The engine after running for 10 min or so will hardly run under 3k RPM. The injectors are dumping too much fuel into the throttle body, keeping the engine from running properly. The problem will clear up for 5 min, and begin again. I replaced the MAP sensors, and it seemed to have worked. For 2 trips to the lake it ran fine, then yesterday it began again. I know when it is about to happen because the engine will idle up to 1500-2000 RPM for no reason. This will go on for 1-2 min and then it starts dumping enough fuel that the engine cannot idle. I am suspect of the Throttle Position Sensor.

My local dealer has toldme that 1994 was the first year for this fuel injection and that there were problems with it. In fact they suggested switching it over to carb/distributor.

Hopefully someone has had a similar experience.

Any suggestions? "

"My boat (94) has alwa

"My boat (94) has always run rich, bogged, and smoked. Is there a high altitude chip available? I live at 6500'. New for this year problem is fuel delivery at start up. When I turn the key to on, fuel pours out of one injector. Is there a sensor on the pump? Any input is welcome!"

Back