Logo

1980 Mercruiser 37 Inboard

S

Steve Starnes

"I am looking at a 1980 Wellcr

"I am looking at a 1980 Wellcraft 25' Sportsman with a single FWC Mercruiser 3.7 Litre INBOARD.
The broker said it is rated @ 170 HP but this is all of the information he can provide. Does anyone have any experience or additional information on this engine package?

Thanks,

Steve
[email protected]"

" I have a 87 WELLCRAFT with 1

" I have a 87 WELLCRAFT with 165 same block --Aluminum block w/sleeves and cast iron head of a 460 Ford..expensive to repair or replace. Right now we have the head off loosing antifreeze w/o leaks, cracked head and #3 and #4 Cylinders look pretty bad. So I've looking for a longblock Prices $2150-$3000. I have been looking also at the 3.0 engine, I've seen that even though rated lower it has approximately the same prop power. Just don't know the amount of trouble to change out since mine is a closed cooling system.

I feel the 3.7 would be quite small for the size of boat. "

if your looking at a 25 foot b

if your looking at a 25 foot boat with a 3.7l you need to look somewhere else this boat is severely underpowered.

"For any of you who have this

"For any of you who have this 470, I've just begun parting out a 1980 engine. The engine is still in tact and will be coming out very soon. Outdrive is gone, but I have everything else. Boat had rotted floor/transom."

Back