Logo

Fueloil mixture

rookie

" evinrude 9.5 hp sporttwin, I

" evinrude 9.5 hp sporttwin, I believe it is in the 60's.what is the proper mixture,thanks for any help. "

anyone know the fuel oil mixt

anyone know the fuel oil mixture for an older Mercury 50hp?

I would like to know the oil

I would like to know the oil gas mixtur ratio on a 1972 evinrude 33hp motor. Please help.
Thanks a bunch.
Ron.

"To... You know who you are &#

"To... You know who you are (grin).

(MarineEngine.com - Properly Inserted Post)

Go back to the previous page where the various topics/questions are posted. Scroll down to the extreme bottom of that page.

There you will see a large button that is entitled "Start A New Conversation" or something of that nature. Click on that button and you will be able to have your post listed under your own topic which will be inserted at the top of the page.

As it stands, your post is buried under someone elses topic which started at a prior date and/or time.

HINT: Click anywhere on that page whereas the click won't initiate anything, then hit your END key. That'll drop you to the bottom of the page immediately.

Joe
"

" From ron, recived your email

" From ron, recived your email, thanks again. I'm new to boats and moters. You kept and old evinrude with less than an hour on motor from being locked up. Thanks again for your time and trouble. And for your email. Thanks.

Ron.W "

What is the gas/oil mixture fo

What is the gas/oil mixture for a mid eighties gamefisher 3.5hp outboard motor? Can anyone help me?

"Hello. I am also lost on thi

"Hello. I am also lost on this issue. I have a 1949 firestone 4hp motor (we believe it to be a '49). Can anyone tell me what mix I should be using in this baby? I can be emailed at [email protected] and I'd appreciate any help. Thanks a lot. -Derek"

what is the gas oil mix for a

what is the gas oil mix for a 1980 ish mercury 3.5 engine?

"1950-51 johnson made an outbo

"1950-51 johnson made an outboard motor. ??? 5 hp,??? there were three different model numbers TN 25, TN 26, TN27. Iam mainly looking to find the fuel-oil ratio for the TN26. But was wondering if you might know if they were all the same Fuel ratio. any help would be very helpful."

I need to know the fuel-oil ra

I need to know the fuel-oil ratio for a 1955 Johnson Outboard 10hp. The model # is QD-16 or 194555. If any one could help that would be great.

"Hey Gordon.

1/2 pint to th

"Hey Gordon.

1/2 pint to the gallon (16:1) TCW-3
Some people will tell you that with today's oil you can go with a thinner mixture, but I wouldn't recommend it myself as there aren't any nice roller bearings etc that were in the newer motors, and the oil keeps the metal parts from scraping together. I have had the exact same model (as well as several other Johnson's from the same era) since the late 70's and it still runs great."

"I was given a 2004 Mercury 15

"I was given a 2004 Mercury 15 EH outboard weighing about 76.5 lbs, max rpm 6000. There is no fuel / oil ratio information listed on the motor itself and I have no manual to go with it. Can anyone tell me what the proper fuel/oil ratio is?"

I need to know the fuel-oil ra

I need to know the fuel-oil ratio on an 1958 Spiegel Brooklure 5h.p. motor. Any feed back about this motor would be great..It is in great shape and do not know much about this motor..Thanks.}

"Hey Ben,

Your motor was ma

"Hey Ben,

Your motor was made by the Gale division of OMC. The specs say to use 1/2 pint to the gallon (16:1). Some will say it's ok to mix it thinner with today's oils (24:1), but don't get too carried away, that old motor needs oil. I recommend keeping it at 16:1. When new, it called for a J-6J plug, which has since been replaced by a J-6c, gapped at .030. Point gap is .020.
I hope this helped."

"I have a gamefisher 7.5 w/ te

"I have a gamefisher 7.5 w/ tecumseh head mod 217/58585-0.I am trying to find the correct fuel/gas mix,plug and point gap.Any help would be great."

I have a Gamefisher 7.5w/ tecu

I have a Gamefisher 7.5w/ tecumesh head mod 217/58585 I found out the plug size but I need the plug gap .

"Think it has oil injection, b

"Think it has oil injection, but to get a real answer you can go to the discussion headings and find Johnson evinrude and at the very top of the first discussion is an "start new discussion" button where you can start a new thread of your own.
It's the only draw back I've seen here is that feature.

Wayne all those air-cooled get chainsaw oil. They run so hot the TCW just goes away. The "water cooling" only keeps the bottom bearing and seal from melting. Then the pump only runs when it's in gear!"

Back