Logo

NissanTohatsu 35 jets

randyjaco

" Hi All,

I have an old Nis

" Hi All,

I have an old Nissan 3.5A which is giving me fits. At any speed above 1/3 throttle it starts to miss. I have changed the plug, cleaned and reset the points, checked the fuel flow, checked for carbon build up, cleaned out the cooling system, etc. I am running this motor at sea level so there shouldn't be an altitude problem. The motor starts easily and runs very well at low speed.

I have been working on the carburetor mainly because it seems like it is a fuel flow problem. I have cleaned the carb thoroughly, adjusted the needle height several times and adjusted the float level. I notice in the repair manual that it says that the jet should be a #88. The jet that came with the motor and originally ran well is a #92. Could going to the smaller #88 solve my problem? It seems like it would make it worse, but I am at my wits end on solving the problem.

TIA

Jake "

"Jake: I dont have an answer

"Jake: I dont have an answer for you, but I do have a question. What is the spec for point gap for this motor? I have one that I just got running, but want to set them right.

Some suggestions on your motor: clogged fue filter or lines? choke stuck, or bent?
When you pull the plug after the misses is it wet/fouled or does it look like it has been running lean?"

Back