Logo

b57 Ford Interceptor

sampolito

" I recently purchased a '

" I recently purchased a '57 Chris Craft which has the original Ford V-8 Interceptor engine.

I have only had her out once, and she seemed to be running extremely rich. Strong fuel smell was almost unbearable.

It became obvious that their was a large amount of fuel mixing with the oil. Almost increased my oil capacity by 30%. I am sure that the added product in the oil pan is fuel.

Some of the plugs also appeared to be pretty wet. Checked compression at cylinders, and each was between 90-100psi. Also noticed that the throttle had been sticking some. Engine has a Holly 2-barrel carb.

Does anyone know why I might be getting so much fuel mixing with my oil? "

" Sam, it sounds like everythi

" Sam, it sounds like everything is pointing toward the carb. If the boat sat along time maybe the carb needs to be rebuilt. Also tune up the engine, new plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor and check the point gap. Although everything points to the carb another way fuel can get in the pan is through the mechanical fuel pump. Try the carb and tune up, that will get you off to a fresh start.
Stan "

Check your fuel pump. If it s

Check your fuel pump. If it starts to leak fuel will go into the oil. This will also get up past the rings.

Back