Logo

Slant Six Powerbee Superbee III

S

steponmebbbboom

" What did Chrysler Marine mar

" What did Chrysler Marine market the slant 6 as?

I know the 340 was sold as the Super Bee 3 at one point, and they also sold a little Powerbee 2 cycle outboard for awhile. Did the Slant have a nifty muscle car name too, and did it have badges? "

Uhhh. My guess is "Wanna

Uhhh. My guess is "Wannabee" or "Wanna Bee" or maybe "Oughta Bee". Do I win sumptin?

" Thanks for coming out, wiseg

" Thanks for coming out, wiseguy. ;)

OK someone I can take seriously? "

" OK we're talking about M

" OK we're talking about Mopar cars. The slant 6 was the basic engine you got in a Dodge in the 1960s and 1970s and was not touted as a muscle engine by any means. Of coarse there was the unique configuration of the cylinders giving it it's signature shape. It was a bullet proof engine, highly respected for it's durability and reliability. Pontiac had a overhead cam inline 6 for 3 or 4 years ending in 1969. It was offered in the Le Mans as a sporty smaller engine but didn't go over very well.
By the way there was the Honey Bee. I believe it was a special edition of the Dart.
Eddie "

" Perhaps you misunderstood. I

" Perhaps you misunderstood. I realise this is a marine engine discussion forum.

I have been told the marine version of the 340 Chrysler engine was marketed as the "Super Bee III" engine. A friend of mine has one in his boat and it has this badge on the valve cover. "Power Bee" engines were available in Chrysler Snowrunners. My question was, whether the Slant six Chrysler engine, which was used in industrial as well as marine applications, had a similar name used in the Chrysler Marine marketing formula.

The "Hyper-Pak" version of the slant was offered briefly in the early sixties A body cars and put out over 200HP. It used a long runner intake with a four barrel carburetor. "

Don't remember the Hyper-

Don't remember the Hyper-Pak but you could easily miss something like that in those days with Ford and GM taking most of the limelight. About the only thing you heard about Mopar was the 426 Hemi. Interesting note.
Eddie

" I haven't, do you have c

" I haven't, do you have contact info? "

Back