Logo

HONDA 75 HELP

john

Contributing Member
" I cant figure outs what wron

" I cant figure outs what wrong with my honda 7.5 it starts nice when i first get on lake it runs for about 6 blocks nice then dies and then its a pain to start and then I get it going and it only goes about another block and dies help please
Thank you, John "

Not sure what year motor is a

Not sure what year motor is all I have is 147cc B75- 2008666 I think it may be the fuel pump do you know where i can get one of theses? thanks john

" Have someone prime the bulb

" Have someone prime the bulb while running at full throttle. If it keeps going than it is the pump.Take it apart and see what it needs, it is a simple unit. "

" Hey, Mine did the same thing

" Hey, Mine did the same thing. It turned out to be a clogged vent line for the carb. I replaced the carb with no help. I took it to the dealer and that is what they found. "

i have a honda 7.5 71/2 horsep

i have a honda 7.5 71/2 horsepower outboard serial#bf75-2003775 i need to find out what year my motor is i would like for someone to tell me the year

"Hello I have a 1975 7.5 honda

"Hello I have a 1975 7.5 honda. I had to replace the starter case,and while taking off the belt I messed up the timing. How do you time this engine?"

What is the possibility of rig

What is the possibility of rigging a 7.5 Honda for remote controls? I am considering trading for one for my sailboat.

"Have a B 75 ,400 6896 Honda o

"Have a B 75 ,400 6896 Honda outboard ,and I need ignition coils & or a parts book so I might be able to find,or order parts.May also be designated K 3 ? can anyone help?
Thanks, buzz"

"hey william amann

to time

"hey william amann

to time the engine all you have to do is align the dot on the camshaft pulley (thats the black rubber wheel at the other end of the belt with the dot on top of it ) , with the shear pin in the crankshaft.. should do it .

oh heres where to get parts

http://www.boats.net/honda/partsystem/browse-model-parts.pl?type=model&id=15485& model=BF75%20SA%20OUTBOARD%20ENGINE,%20JPN,%20VIN#%20BF75-1000002%20TO%20BF75-10 13304&cart_id=2558660d2870b5e021aa2dfcee157195"

Had problems starting and idli

Had problems starting and idling with my BF75 Honda 7.5HP outboard. At higher revs it would purr nicely. It just would not idle. Discovered that the 'flywheel' (magneto) rectifier output to the DC plug had corroded severely. You would not think that this would affect idle quality but there was an obvious before and after difference. A sign of this short that should have tipped me off was that the oil pressure indicator lamp wasn't working. Now it starts every time on half a pull and idles like a charm. Beauty eh. Pass me a cold one.

PS. Seems like this simple ele

PS. Seems like this simple electrical fault was messing with the CDI unit.

where is the water pump on the

where is the water pump on the 7.5 honda. and does anyone know how to change it. It is not pumping water. Can anyone help please.

"Hello I am Looking for a comp

"Hello I am Looking for a complete Fuel Pump Assembly with cover for a Honda outboard model # B75 2008150, early model 7.5hp. I bought motor knowing part was missing, but did not realize it would be so hard to find. I am aware the part has been discontinued, is anyone aware of any parts dealer new/used that might have this part? Honda part #16700-935-325"

Back